There is a known issue with the Google Chrome browser where it will print blank documents randomly. We are currently working with Google support to resolve the issue. In the meantime, if you need to print something from the Internet, here are some options:
1) Use Internet Explorer on a PC or Safari on a Mac to print online documents
2) If using Internet Explorer or Safari to print GoogleDocs, download it first to the local machine and then print the document using a native application such as Excel, Word or Acrobat. Follow these steps in either browser:
- Log into your google drive (drive.google.com)
- Double click on the document you want to print
- Click the file menu and select print
- From the google cloud print window select "Print from my Computer"
- The document will be download as a PDF. Click open and print from Adobe reader as normal.
3) If you are using Chrome, save the document as a PDF or download it and print it afterwards
Once this issue has been resolve we will let you know. Should you have issues with this process, please use Zendesk to create a support ticket.
District Technology Services